Friday, September 4, 2009

Greetings From Kingston

After not having a chance to use the llibrary in Trenton, I carried on to Kingston. I got in at 1am this morning. However, I had a great time in Trenton, even though it was quite hot for cycling. I was put up for the night by the Savation Army of Belleville, at the kind request of the Trenton OPP. Woke up with a Charley Horse in my right leg, but worked it out real quick. So far the only real pain I've had thus far! In the morning, I decided to visit the National Air Force Of Canada. It was totally amazing. I must have snapped over 130 pix of birdies and outfits. I highly recommend this attraction. The staf were kind, courteous, and informative. I was shown around by a gentleman, who I believe was named Bill, who had flied in a plane nicknamed the "Widow Maker". Thankfully, it wasn't so successful with him! After, I walked outside to look at the planes and take pix, and to try to take shots of planes taking off. Unfortunately, you can't get closer than 3/4 of a km within the air strip, so pictures were almost impossible. I had tried earlier in the morning to visit with my former roommates' mother, but she was off to see the doctor, so I will try on the way back.
I cycled from 4pm at CFB Trenton to Kingston. I hope the hill into Kingston is the only one that bad. I've never seen a hill that ent on forever and didn't help coasting downhill one bit. It must have been 10km long! I will be trying another route out of Kingston on the way back. I stayed at the Salvation Army Harbour Light Centre in Kingston. Will likely be there tonight for a much needed break. It looks like my goal of Hull by Labour Day is realiseable. I have one stop in Smith's Falls before I get to Ottawa. I have a few pix to post as well, hope it works, otherwise I will have a chat with my IT guy. Thanks Charles.

No comments:

Post a Comment