Saturday, September 12, 2009

I've Found Something To Do!

I was at the Ottawa Public Library yesterday, just surfing and Googling anything that came to mind, and stumbled on re-Cycles Bike Co-op here. Please check them out at http://www.re-cycles.ca/index.html It is like Community Bicycle Network in Toronto, on a smaller scale, but still do amazing work. I dropped in last night and volunteered for three hours, and intend to keep going back for as long as I am in Ottawa. I am staying to get some dental work done and to see the local Mission Doctor to make sure that I haven't over done it. I've been very tired with my sinus infection, thanks to the fog from Napanee to Kingston. My teeth have been bothering me in the wind and when I eat, so I am getting a fresh opinion here. I'm not good at keeping my mouth shut, so I better get it fixed! I met some cool guys at re-Cycles and felt really at home. I will likely miss the place when I leave Ottawa. I want to get more bike repair experience under my belt and try to apply it to getting into Winterborne Bicycle Institute. I am determined to get my training and to help others while I am at it. The volunteering also helps alleviate my boredom (I need things to do with my hands), and gives me shop time and Mechanics help to ensure that my bike will be safe for the return trip. I don't think there's much wrong, just truing the back wheel that took a beating on highway 15 an the Cataraqui trail, and minor cable adjustments. Oh yeah, and tightening up the loose bolts on my carrier and lock box. Potholes are Hull, I mean Hell!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for helping out at recyclore.org

    Here's the NCC shared bikepath along the Ottawa River heading downtown (a much better route than Carling Ave!). Bicycle Bob rules!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taRp6jtmU5M

    Craig
    ottawaowl2@gmail.com
    http://velovelo.ca

    ReplyDelete