Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September 1, Oshawa

Well, I made my first stop. I was very tired at 4am when I pulled into a Timmies in Oshawa. If my new cycle computer is working okay, I did 56 km between 10:30pm last night and 4am this morning. I was a bit shy about going into the first shelter, so I just toughed it out until light outside the Oshawa Police Station. I must say that they have a very nice garden and a huge long L shaped bench. I will be staying at Cornerstone Community Shelter tonight. I had a delicious lunch at Gate 3:16 down the street. I don't know if I will do more than 50 km a day, but the ride was exhilerating. I ended up taking Kingston Road (HWY 2) the whole way and sampled a couple Timmies hot chocolates too! I saw a temperature clock in Whitby or Ajax that said 2 celcius, boy I hope it was wrong. I don't have pictures today, but maybe tomorrow?

2 comments:

  1. where are you now? are you back in Toronto, today is Fri. Sept. 11

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please check the top of my blog, I am now in Ottawa, awaiting an answer from the Minister, Mme Meilleur. Thank You for commenting and please keep checking back!

    ReplyDelete